More luxury twin deck buses join Coastliner as customer numbers soar17 September 2018
It’s already Britain’s Most Scenic Bus Route – and now customers travelling on Coastliner between Leeds, York and the Yorkshire Coast can enjoy even more luxury and style, thanks to a £714,000 investment in new buses.
Earlier this year Coastliner 840 between Malton and Whitby won the coveted title of the most scenic journey in the country in an online poll of over 15,000 people – and more people than ever are choosing Coastliner, with 21,000 more journeys made so far this year compared with 2017.
The popular route is now being boosted further by Transdev with the entry into service this month of three brand new high specification, low emission twin deck buses – each one brimming with luxury features designed to make travelling to city, country or coast a real pleasure.
Coastliner CEO Alex Hornby said: “It’s been a great summer for Coastliner, with more and more people enjoying amazing journeys on Britain’s Most Scenic Bus Route. We’re welcoming visitors from all over the world, many following widespread media coverage of our win in the online poll in May.
“Back in December 2016, we invested £2.34 million in an initial fleet of ten all-new low-emission, British built buses for Coastliner, marking a new era of luxury travel. Every bus is packed with features inspired directly by valued customer feedback, including leather trimmed coach seats, fast and free 4G Wi-Fi, unique ‘power zones’ on the top deck featuring wireless connections for mobile phones and tablets, and even a glazed roof.
“We’re now delivering on our promise to add three more top-of-the-range buses to our Coastliner network this year. We’re sure our customers old and new will enjoy discovering the finest scenery in Britain in comfort and style on these magnificent new buses, and we look forward to welcoming more people than ever to join us in Coastliner Country."
The new Coastliner buses will join the company’s fleet based at Malton in North Yorkshire, and will progressively enter service this month on its routes between Leeds, Tadcaster, York, Malton, Pickering, Whitby and Scarborough.
Highlights of the amazing features on board the new Coastliner buses include:
- Two unique upper deck ‘power zones’, with seats grouped around tables, featuring wireless mobile phone charging pads and plug-in charging sockets, with integrated USB points
- Leather trimmed coach seats, each with USB power and fast and free 4G Wi-Fi throughout
- Tinted double-glazed windows, with a glazed staircase and a full length glazed ‘skylight’ roof
- On the outside, high visibility destination screens featuring Transdev’s pioneering ‘time to departure’ countdown at major calling points on the Coastliner network
- On the inside, scrolling information screens and audible next stop announcements to assist visually impaired customers as well as first-time visitors to Coastliner Country
- Smart dual colour wood-effect flooring, with LED lighting throughout
- A state of the art 14-camera CCTV system
- Three luggage areas on the lower deck – ideal for short breaks or holidays on the coast
- High performance, low emission ‘Euro 6’ engines featuring driver performance monitoring systems to ensure a smooth and comfortable journey
Full details of all Coastliner services and fare deals, including its best-value ‘Gold’ season tickets and ‘Daytripper Plus’ one day passes, are available online at: http://www.yorkbus.co.uk, or via the free to download ‘Transdev Go’ smartphone app.
18 July 2019
Rossos amazing 15 per cent rise in customer numbers in just 18 months wins praise from Northern Powerhouse Minister and Lancashire MP Jake Berry
The Government’s Northern Powerhouse Minister Jake Berry is saluting the huge increase in customers choosing to travel with bus firm Rosso – just 18 months since it became part of the Transdev family of companies across the North.
4 July 2019
Wednesday is bargain day throughout July on Rossos popular Lakeline buses.
Get around for just one pound – that’s the amazing midweek discount deal being offered on Rosso’s Lakeline 457 every Wednesday throughout July.
27 June 2019
Britains' most scenic bus route takes the fast lane to Yorkshire's coast and country.
Exciting new “CastleLine” buses direct to Castle Howard compliment new Coastliner Express summer trips to Yorkshire’s beach resorts.